Itinerary with Group Tours, Departures from Porto or Lisbon.
- Discover São Miguel and Terceira, and let yourself be enchanted by the secrets of the Azores
- Delight yourself with a Cozido das Furnas made on volcanic soil
- Venture to the wonderful places that the islands offer
- Lose yourself in the enchanting landscapes of São Miguel
- Explore the volcanic mysteries of Terceira
DEPARTURE DATES – 2021
All Year – Daily Departures – ITINERARY
- DAY 1 – LISBON / SÃO MIGUEL (SEVEN CITIES, SOUTHWEST COAST) Our itinerary starts with the destination of Ponta Delgada airport, on the island of São Miguel. There, our guide will be with us. Our first adventure will be the climb of the Sete Cidades mountain range, stopping at the viewpoints of Pico de Carvão and Vista do Rei (from where you can see the Lagoa Azul e Verde). base of the “caldeira” for a visit to Lagoa de Santiago and the idyllic parish of Sete Cidades. Once outside the “caldeira”, we continue to the Miradouro do Escalvado, for a view of the western end of the island. With a trip along the southwest coast to Fajã de Baixo, we find a pineapple plantation, which we will visit. In the city of Ponta Delgada, we couldn’t stop at Campo de São Francisco and the Church of Nossa Senhora da Esperança – where the image of the Holy Christ can be found. The first day ends with a return to the 4* Hotel, where we will have lunch served with drinks included. During the afternoon we will have free time for personal visits or alternative activities. In the evening, dinner with drinks included will be served at the Hotel. Accommodation.
- DAY 2 – SÃO MIGUEL (LAGOA DO FOGO AND FURNAS) – Buffet breakfast at the Hotel. Our itinerary starts with the first capital of the island – Vila Franca do Campo, and a route to Furnas, where we will be able to witness the Fumarolas das Furnas, a volcanic phenomenon with unique characteristics, and visit the romantic Terra Nostra park (with an alternative possibility of bathing in the thermal pool of iron waters, at more than 30 degrees). The lunch “Cozido das Furnas” (a typical meal from São Miguel) will be taken from the volcanic soil in Lagoa das Furnas, and served in a local restaurant, with drinks included. In the afternoon, we will climb to the Pico do Ferro Viewpoint where it will be possible view the entire northern coastal zone. We pass through the only tea plantations in Europe, visiting a factory and tasting Pekoe, Orange Pekoe and Verde teas. Later, visit to the city of Ribeira-Grande, where we are presented with a liqueur tasting at the stand of the producing factory. We continue with a visit to “Caldeira Velha”, in Serra de Água do Pau, where we find the viewpoint over Lagoa do Fogo and we can appreciate the beauty of the surrounding landscape. In the evening we return to the Hotel for dinner with drinks included and accommodation.
- DAY 3 – SÃO MIGUEL (VISIT) / TERCEIRA – Buffet breakfast at the Hotel. On our last day in São Miguel, we start by visiting the city of Ponta Delgada, on a pedestrian walk with highlights to the Graça Market, the São Pedro Church, the São Sebastião Mother Church, the Portas da Cidade, the “Sahar” Synagogue Hassamain” (entrance included) and the exterior of the Palácio da Conceição. After lunch at a local restaurant (drinks included), at a time to be agreed, we will be transported to the airport where we will depart for Terceira Island. After disembarking, we continue to the 4* Hotel where dinner will be served (drinks included). Accommodation.
- DAY 4 – TERCEIRA (ANGRA DO HEROÍSMO AND CENTRO) Buffet breakfast at the Hotel. The fourth day of our itinerary starts with a pedestrian visit to the city of Angra do Heroísmo, a UNESCO World Heritage city, where we will visit the most important points: Palácio dos Capitães-Generais, Jardim Duque da Terceira, Cathedral of the Azores and City Hall from Angra do Heroísmo. With our tour bus, we will go up to Monte Brasil, which, surrounded by the walls of the Fort of São João Batista, offers a fantastic panoramic view over the city. Our visit continues through the local areas of Serretinha, Porto Judeu, Baía da Salga and Vila de São Sebastião. Lunch with drinks included will be served at a local restaurant. In the afternoon we start with an outdoor visit to the Church of São Sebastião and Império do Espírito Santo. In the central part of the island, a climb awaits us to Serra do Cume, where we will be able to appreciate the wonderful Vale da Achada (the largest plain in the Azores). We continue through the interior of Caldeira Guilherme Moniz, with the possibility of visiting (optional, not included) Algar do Carvão (volcano chimney, accessed by descending more than 200 steps). Then, along the west coast of Terceira, we stop at the Fábrica do Queijo Vaquinha, where the oldest cured cheese in the region is produced. We return to the Hotel, passing by the fishing village of São Mateus and the area of the old Quintas da Laranja, in São Carlos. Dinner with drinks included. Accommodation. not included) to Algar do Carvão (volcano chimney, accessed by descending more than 200 steps). Then, along the west coast of Terceira, we stop at the Fábrica do Queijo Vaquinha, where the oldest cured cheese in the region is produced. We return to the Hotel, passing by the fishing village of São Mateus and the area of the old Quintas da Laranja, in São Carlos. Dinner with drinks included. Accommodation. not included) to Algar do Carvão (volcano chimney, accessed by descending more than 200 steps). Then, along the west coast of Terceira, we stop at the Fábrica do Queijo Vaquinha, where the oldest cured cheese in the region is produced. We return to the Hotel, passing by the fishing village of São Mateus and the area of the old Quintas da Laranja, in São Carlos. Dinner with drinks included. Accommodation.
- DAY 5 – TERCEIRA (NORTH COAST, RAMO GRANDE AND PRAIA DA VITÓRIA) / LISBON Buffet breakfast at the Hotel. The morning of our last day will be free time, so that we can enjoy the best that the island has to offer. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant, with drinks included. After lunch, our adventure begins through the interior of the island, through the area of cattle ranches and “tentaderos” and descending to the coast to the north coast. In the parish of Biscoitos, we will be able to appreciate the wineries and natural pools. We continue our route, passing by Quatro Ribeiras, next to its Church and Império do Espírito Santo (exterior views), and Ramo Grande, near the Lajes military base, to the city of Praia da Vitória, where we will visit the panoramic viewpoint. Our itinerary ends, at a time to be agreed, at Lajes airport, where we will depart for Lisbon airport. Arrival at the destination airport. End of our services.
- On request
Included in the Price:
From 865 Euros (per person in a double room)
- Accompaniment by an experienced local guide on all visits
- Airline tickets on regular Azores Airlines flights from Lisbon or Porto
- Assistance with boarding formalities
- Itinerary in a comfortable tour bus
- Accommodation in a 4* Hotel with buffet breakfast
- 7 meals with drinks included for departures from Porto and 8 or 9 meals with drinks included for departures from Lisbon (departures from Lisbon from 3Jun to 23Sep only include 8 meals)
- All tickets to activities and monuments listed in the program
- Travel insurance
- Taxes, hotel fees, tourism and service
- Aviation fees – 35€ (subject to change)
- 24/7 Customer Service
Not Included in the Price:
- All services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Optional Tours/Suggestions
NOTE: Consult us for the itinerary for departures from Porto.
ASK FOR YOUR BUDGET WITHOUT COMMITMENT: